A church-wide focus, There's More challenges everyone to live out four practices:
- Reach Out
- Welcome In
- Go Deep
- Look Up
The ministries at Madison Park Church work together with volunteers to reach out to our community as well as within our church. There are over 1,200 volunteer positions at MPC. Volunteers in all areas of the church are welcome. Find the "Acts of Service" handout at the Information Center, or call the Church Office for more information. Contact: Marti Euneman, Volunteer Coordinator.
VOLUNTEER TEAMS AND POSITIONS
- Nursery/Toddler/Preschool Teaching Team
- K-5th Large Group and Small Group Leaders
- Special Needs Assistant
- Tech Team
- Snack Distribution Team
- First Impressions Team
- Greeting/Check-In Attendant
- Materials Supplies Preparation Team
- Special Event Childcare Team
- Creative Environment/Set Design Team
- Special Events Photographer
- Small Group Leader
- Transportation Team
- Room/Space Set-Up Teams
- Welcoming/Connecting Team
- Special Needs Assistant
- Food Prep Team
- Tech Team
Adult Classes and Groups
- Small Group Facilitator
- Class Instructors
Front Door Ministry
- Greeter Team
- Saturday Service Set-up Team
- Parking Valet Team
- Lighthouse Café Servers and Attendants
- Information Center Team
- Holy Ground Coffee Bar Team
- Hospitality Host/Hostess
- Landscape Maintenance Team
- Furniture Repairman
- Involvement with Dove Harbor
- Assistance in the Church Library
- Set-up Crew
- Door Greeters
- Serving Communion
- Technical Arts (Audio/Video) Team
- Usher Team
- Voices of Praise Choir:
Practice Wednesday from 6:30pm-8:15pm – Rehearsal Room
The “Voices of Praise” choir is open to all who wish to participate.
- Scripture and Dramatic Readers:
Anyone is welcome to participate.
- Go Choir:
A collaborative ministry that seeks to bring together singers and
musicians of all races to celebrate the life-transforming hope found in
Jesus Christ through Gospel Music.
- Handbell Choir:
Anyone may participate in the handbell choir, no musical experience
needed. Practice times vary.
Rehearsal times vary – Main Auditorium
All instrumentalists with four years experience or more are welcome.
- Praise Band:
Auditions required to participate in the Praise Band.
- Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol:
Madison Park’s production of A Christmas Carol is revised each year
with new surprises and twists.
- Sound/Lighting/Projection Team:
Volunteers with experience in sound, lighting and projection are
- Worship Arts Office:
Help with a variety of tasks.
- Worship Arts Small Groups:
Second and fourth Sunday, monthly
Riverwood, 228 Gilmore Road, Anderson
Sunday at 10:45am, Rehearsal Room
Leader: Don Vosburg.
GLOBAL X ADVENTURES
2013-14 CBH trip dates are not solidified, but opportunities in places like Haiti, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, India, Brazil, Lebanon, Ukraine
and more will be available.
PRAYER AND CARE
- Health Ministry: The Health Ministry of Madison Park Church of God encourages and supports health and wellness of spirit, mind, and body. By promoting knowledge, positive choices, and spiritual living, this community of faith can better expand the kingdom.
- MPJ127 See item under Men’s Ministry
- Altar Prayer Counselors: Prayer counselors are trained to work with those seeking a prayer partner following worship services. Contact: Mike Schwartz, Pastoral Care Pastor, at the Church Office.
- Come and Go Prayer: Monday from 5:00-8:00pm – Main Auditorium. The altars are open for prayer time. Contact: Norma Armogun at (765) 641-3066.
- Prayer Ministry: This ministry provides intercessory prayer for our staff, church, community, nation, and world. Contact: Mike Schwartz, Pastoral Care Pastor, at the Church Office.
- Bereavement Ministry: Volunteer Bereavement Team meets monthly mailing personal follow-up notes, calls and visits to those grieving.
Volunteers provide bereavement dinners for those who have lost a loved one. Contact: Mike Schwartz, Pastoral Care Pastor, at the Church Office.
- Hospital and Convalescent Visitation: Pastors and volunteers visit parishioners who are hospitalized or living in convalescent centers. Contact: Mike Schwartz, Pastoral Care Pastor, at the Church Office.
- Jail Ministry: The jail visitation team visits and provides ministry to prisoners. Contact: Barbara Collier at (765) 734-1611.
- Stephen Ministry: One-on-one Christian care to those going through crisis. Caregiver training provided. Contact: Nancy McCafferty at (765) 644-1472.